This position is responsible for all areas relating to accounting and finance functions and financial reporting including managing the daily financial and accounting operations, budgeting, forecasting, overseeing the monthly close process and financial statement analysis for senior management. Responsible for the management of payroll processing and supporting Human Resources with benefits administration.
- FINANCIAL REPORTING –Prepare timely and accurate financial statements and develop and update dashboard. Also monitor and evaluate new regulations and policies to ensure compliance.
- INTERNAL CONTROLS - Evaluate and monitor the effectiveness of the Company’s internal control system to ensure that assets are properly safeguarded and that the financial records are maintained in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Promptly take corrective action to address weaknesses or deficiencies that are identified. Document policies and procedures for key processes.
- MONTHLY CLOSE - Manage the month-end and year-end close process; Prepare and approve journal entries including percent complete analysis and entry; Review and perform general ledger account analysis and reconciliations, including bank statement reconciliations; Research and correct account discrepancies as appropriate; Update and maintain balance sheet account reconciliations; calculate absorbed labor allocation.
- PAYROLL - Provide and verify appropriate payroll amounts on a semi-monthly basis with a 3rd Party Provider.
- CASHFLOW - Ensure completeness and accuracy of company cash flow projection model and analyze near and long-term cash flow needs.
- PLANNING/BUDGETING - Participate in the annual financial planning and reporting process including assessing reasonableness of assumptions.
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENT – Assess processes and provide leadership to organizational change needed to provide a better flow of financial and accounting information.
- WORKING CAPITAL MONITOR - Ensure achievement of working capital targets through effective accounts receivable, inventory and accounts payable management. Continuously seek to minimize working capital requirements as well as identify other opportunities to improve cash flow.
- AUDIT/REVIEW & TAX LIAISON –Maintain compliance with federal, state and local tax requirements. Work with external tax advisors to ensure that all required tax filings are timely and accurate. Coordinate all audit/reviews with accounting firm.
- TREASURY MANAGEMENT/BANKING - Maintain day-to-day banking relationships and manage the Company’s treasury function including cash balances and borrowings. Also responsible for maintaining accurate cash forecasts and ensuring that existing cash balances are being effectively utilized to minimize interest and other borrowing costs.
- MANAGERIAL & SUPERVISORY - Supervise, train and mentor accounting staff on all accounting functions.
- OPERATIONS ANALYSIS – Extract sales and cost data from the current system and prepare meaningful, value added operational analysis and reporting for the Executive Leadership Team to manage and grow the business.
- ACCOUNTS RECIEVABLE/PAYABLE – manage and administer A/R and A/P.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Deep understanding of accounting guidelines related project accounting, percent complete and warranty expense.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. Master’s degree or CPA designation a plus.
- Experience: 7 - 10 years
- Software: Microsoft Office, Accounting software (Intuit QuickBooks/Microsoft Dynamics; Expense software (Concur Solutions); Payroll systems (ADP Resource); contract management systems; inventory software