This position supports the PMO and Project Manager(s) in organizing and managing ongoing projects. This task involves monitoring project plans, schedules, budgets, and procurement expenditures, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner. The Project Coordinator also provides support to Procurement and Fabrication as project requirements demand.
- Maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Organize, attend and participate in stakeholder meetings.
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Prepare necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure project deadlines are met.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Undertake project tasks as required.
- Work with the Project Manager in developing project strategies.
- Ensure all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Work on tight deadlines.
- Ensure that all documentation, and subsequent revisions, is reviewed and approved by authorized persons.
- Perform clerical typing duties to generate documents as necessary in order to produce and distribute reports, track submittal packages and documentation requirements.
- Follow, interface and/or execute area of responsibility in the Joule Project Execution Plan Workflow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and accept total ownership and accountability.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business administration
- Experience: 4 - 7 years
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe software
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Project