The Project Engineer is the engineer accountable for the success of the technical scope of the project. Responsible for preparing, planning, forecasting, executing, monitoring, and managing all the technical activities (and resources) aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. This role requires thorough understanding of “typical” engineering execution procedures, and relationships between multidiscipline predecessors and successors. This individual is expected to function in this capacity with general supervision.
- Manage all phases of the technical project, including all Engineering, Design, and technical resources associated with the project to complete the project within budget and on schedule.
- Coordinate development of all technical deliverables during engineering, design, fabrication and commissioning phases of projects. This includes assisting the PMO in the development of the PEP (e.g. deliverables list, schedule input, procurement plan, project specifications, etc.) and the ongoing delegation of engineering deliverables and approvals to the Project Engineers on staff.
- Develop and manage Technical Scope of Work, Schedule, and Execution Plan.
- Provide technical instruction and guidance, for all Engineering and Design resources assigned to the project; to enable them to complete their required deliverables most efficiently.
- Analyze and interpret client requirements for implementation and communicated to the technical project team.
- Interact professionally with clients.
- Review of all technical deliverables (Engineering & Design) to ensure that they comply with the technical SOW, applicable codes, practices, policies, and performance standards/specifications.
- Perform engineering calculations to ensure products and systems conform to Joule and customer specifications.
- Communicate effectively with the Project Manager and other shareholders within the project team, to provide technical support.
- Recommend design improvements to reduce cost and/or improve quality.
- Provide technical/functional definition for all procured equipment and services, through the development of RFQ Packages and purchase requisitions.
- Serve as the primary technical interface with 3rd party manufactures, integrators and fabricators
- Actively attend 3rd party inspections and FAT’s, as required, to satisfy the Project ITP, and the Company quality initiative.
- Support the Joule Project Manager as required with regular updates on engineering and subcontractor progress and schedule and budget recovery planning.
- Responsible for the project technical Management of Change.
- Serve as the backup to the Joule Project Manager should the need arise.
- Provide on-site startup and commissioning support.
- Thoroughly understand and execute swim lane responsibilities in the Joule Project Execution Plan Workflow in a timely and accurate manner. Foster collaboration and healthy synergy between all project team members.
- Function as a Discipline Engineer (based on individual capability), as assigned, in the absence of the specific technical resource within the project organization chart.
- Function as a Discipline Engineer, responsible for performing specific project tasks, based on individual capability in the absence of the specific technical resource within the project organization chart.
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert (SME), responsible for reviewing specific project deliverables (based on individual capability), to satisfy the technical review cycle.
- Contribute to the development of Joule Technical Specifications.
- Contribute to the development of standard plant designs.
- Attend technical training as required by the job.
- Provide technical input (e.g. specification reviews) and engineering deliverables (e.g. conceptual sketches, calculations, etc.) in support of proposal development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of “typical” Engineering Execution Procedures, and relationships between multidiscipline predecessors and successors.
- Equipment design experience is preferred.
- Experience with fabrication standards, in regard to process equipment.
- Broad technical background, awareness or knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards (ASME, API, ANSI, ASTM, NFPA, NEC, AWS, NACE, IBC, etc.)
- Experience developing technical scopes of work, is a plus
- Ability to communicate deviations, difficulties and the required changes
- Ability to review technical documentation, such as P&ID’s, Electrical Schematics, PFD’s, Equipment Detailed Drawings, etc…
- Knowledge of skid layout and design, including 3D modeling, is a plus
- Knowledgeable of accepted design drafting practices and presentations.
- Use fact based, structured decision-making process to initiate and support appropriate actions.
- Effectively exchange information, instructions and ideas within own work group and with other cross-functional groups.
- Able to speak fluent English and have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and accept total ownership and accountability.
- Problem Solving - Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Developed project management skill set to the point to serve as an over-flow project manager if required.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering. Master’s degree a plus.
- Experience: 5+ years in technical project settings for engineered equipment/projects
- Specific area of experience desired: minimum of three (3) years oil & gas experience.
- Software experience:
- Microsoft Office
- MS Project