This position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities of designated project(s) to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame, functional requirements and funding parameters.
This position is responsible for the overall management and execution of customer-driven projects. This position shall provide leadership to the project team develop and manage the relationship of the various vendors and suppliers to support the timely and cost-effective delivery of procured equipment and services. This position also provides leadership in the development of agreed specifications, term and conditions, and financial modeling and cost forecasting.
- Responsible for the project team’s achievement of the primary goals for the project (i.e. functional, schedule and budget conformance) through the disciplined adherence to Joules’ Project Execution Plan Workflow.
- Understand the roles and contributions of each project team member and 3rd party. Understand the technical and commercial deliverables that each team member must produce and how they inter-relate with each other.
- Conduct internal and customer project meetings, participates on cross-functional teams, internal and external to Engineering; addresses inter-departmental issues; establishing and communicating project schedules, objectives, priorities, and targets.
- Review project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Keep upper management informed on project status by reporting on project status such as: identifying risks, tests, costs, issues, and performance to established targets on a regular basis.
- Ensure adherence to policies, procedures, government regulations, and customer specifications; ensuring the documentation of project activities and deliverables.
- Document and handle project scope changes, communicate revised project schedule and issues change orders for customer approval.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Conduct regular customer visits and provides feedback to management and understanding customer’s requests.
- Research business and technical issues to establish what is being done and where improvements are possible.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Act as a single point of contact for customer throughout the life of the project.
- Attend and participate in project closure meetings and financial meetings.
- Monitor project progress and budget during design and fabrication.
- Work on moderate to high complexity projects and/or key accounts.
- Ensure that project team and customers adhere to project schedule.
- May work with 3rd party inspection and/or EPC firms.
- Coordinate technical interpretation as required.
- Make business case presentations.
- Complete special projects as requested by Director of Projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Sensitivity – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not require solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and accept total ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrated decision making, problem solving, organizational and strategic planning skills.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (engineering or other technical area); advanced degree or equivalent degree / certification (e.g. MBA, PMP, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience: 10+ years
- Areas of Experience required: o Experience in the procurement process, participatory in the technical area.
- Working knowledge of best practices in the procurement / supply chain management common to the midstream packaged equipment space.
- Ability to read and comment upon BFD’s, PFD’s, P&ID’s and plot plans, technical specifications and contracts.
- Familiarity with the contracting and legal requirements for specialty services and equipment suppliers within the midstream packaged equipment space.
- Microsoft Office
- Adobe software
- Microsoft Access
- Accounting software (Intuit QuickBooks/Microsoft Dynamics)
- Expense software (Concur)
- Contact management systems
- Inventory software
- Order processing systems