This position ensures the field-delivered services required to support and grow gas processing and treating equipment are identified, developed and delivered in a professional manner to Joule’s existing and future customer base. This is a senior role that will succeed through a combination of performing and/or overseeing various consulting services while reporting to the Director of Field Services during the capital expenditure (CAPEX) and operational expenditure (OPEX) phases of Joule’s equipment and facility projects.
The primary duties of this position are categorized in two phases.
- Lead operational readiness consulting
- Conduct vendor inspections (support Senior QA/QC Specialist as needed)
- Write and edit operations manual (in support of Project Engineering Staff)
- Conduct operations and maintenance training
- Provide oversight of startup and commissioning services
- Develop ongoing customer relationship
- Support preventive maintenance
- Conduct customer training
- Provide operational optimization consulting and troubleshooting
- Identify spare parts sales, support Procurement Group
- Identify operational staffing needs on Location
- Identify Extended warranty
- Manage customer satisfaction
- Complete all Daily Field Service Tickets and get signed by customer or customer agent and returned in a timely manner for invoicing
- Other duties as assigned.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and accept total ownership and accountability.
- Ability to work effectively as a leader or member of a cross-functional team, while exhibiting a team player attitude.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Visionary Leadership - displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Education: Associates degree, or equivalent, in mechanical and/or I&E with certifications on rotating and fired equipment. Business/marketing or engineering degree is a plus.
- 15+ years in field services – performance and management roles
- 10+ years servicing the upstream and midstream energy business sectors
- Familiarity with the following gas processing technologies and equipment types:
- Propane refrigeration plants
- Condensate & NGL Stabilization systems
- Fractionation trains
- Dew point control plants (i.e. JT, Refrigerated-JT, etc.)
- Dehydration systems
- Compression systems – gas and refrigerant
- Heat exchangers and air coolers
- Heat medium systems
- Software: Microsoft Office, Adobe software; Microsoft Projects; Microsoft Access; AutoCAD, CADWorx
Physical and Cognitive Requirements
See PDF for details