- Performance guarantees
- Up to 95% to 97% propane recovery in ethane rejection and recovery modes, respectively
- Up to 90% ethane recovery in ethane recovery mode
- Designed for heavy gas applications utilizing inlet refrigeration
- 2.5:1 Turndown
- Dehydration and hydrate prevention systems included
- Flexible design to handle a wide range of inlet gas compositions
- Fast-track design available upon request
- Efficient heat integrated design with low emissions hot oil system
- Modular design for simple installation and mobility purposes
Joule Processing’s standard cryogenic plants are designed to recover ethane from the natural gas stream with virtually no loss of propane and heavier components. Cryogenic plants do so by chilling the feed gas via turbo expansion to significantly lower temperatures possible with standard refrigeration plants.
With a modular design that allows for faster deliverability and makes hookup and field construction easier, our plants are built to meet our clients' desired conditions. Each cryogenic plant is designed to operate in ethane rejection mode while retaining maximum propane recoveries. Joule specializes in smaller to midsize cryogenic applications, yet all designs are fully scalable in size.
Standard Plant Offerings
Joule offers the following standard Cryogenic Turbo-Expander Plants for quick delivery:
- 30 MMSCFD
Joule utilizes an 80/20 standardization design philosophy. Based on years of experience, many projects, and hundreds of simulations, we have developed on-skid modules for each design case that are now 80% of the standard. The remaining 20% allows us to customize up to 20% of the design based on each client’s economic drivers, such as instrumentation, column size and exchanger sizing. The 80/20 approach provides “standard” price and delivery, yet custom fit for each application.
** Custom designed systems available for unique and larger applications.